Last modified: 2013-11-09 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: heidenheim county | per pale | fess(red) | tower(yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-yellow with the arms. Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964-1972.
Adopted 29.11.1989, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website.
The arms were granted on September 12, 1955. The arms are a combination of the arms of the Lords of Hellenstein and a symbol for the many castles in the county. The city of Heidenheim was ruled by the Lords of Hellenstein until 1307. Most of the rest of the county was owned by a large number of families, which resulted in a large number of castles.
Literature: Stadler 1964, p.43.