Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hirschhorn(neckar) | stag |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is off-centred quartered of blue and yellow. The coat of arms is on the common point of all quarters.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 4 September 1964
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 1 July 2006
Shield Or, a stag forcene Gules tongued Azure.
The Lords of Hirschhorn developed the town and granted city rights in 1391. The oldest seal does no longer exist, but a seal dating from 1418 displays already a canting stag (German: Hirsch). The stag is lying and is not placed on a shield. In the 19th century the stag was displayed as today, but silver on a green field. Otto Hupp in the late 19th century painted the stag in the original tinctures of the Lords of Hirschhorn, a red deer with golden antlers on a silver field.
The arms were approved in 1930 and are based on the tinctures acc. to Otto Hupp. The arms were later confirmed on 5 August 1964.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.49
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 May 2017
back to Bergstraße Cities and Municipalities Page click here