This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Radolfzell on Bodensee (Germany)

Stadt Radolfzell am Bodensee, Kreis Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: radolfzell | per pale | demi cross | cross(st.george) | lion(red) | crowned | couped per pale |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Radolfzell vertical flag w/ CoA] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013 See also:

City of Radolfzell on Bodensee

Radolfzell Vertical Flag with Coat of Arms

Description of flag:
It is a red over white over yellow horizontal tricolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this flag on 28 July 2004 on the local waterfront.

Radolfzell Plain Vertical Flag

[Radolfzell Plain Vertical Flag] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Description of flag:
It is a red over white over yellow horizontal tricolour.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this flag on 20 June 2004 on the local waterfront.

Radolfzell Plain Banner

[Radolfzell plain banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Description of banner:
It is a red - white - yellow vertical tricolour.
Source: Hermann Gutmann, Jan Volk: "Deutschlands schönste Seiten", p.597; Remseck 1994, ISBN-Nr.: 3-8122-3411-4
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Radolfzell Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale. The dexter half displays a red, rampant lion, crowned and armed golden (= yellow) in a golden (= yellow) field. The sinister half displays a half throughout, red cross, couped per pale, in a silver (= white) field.
Meaning:
The market town of Radolfzell belonged to the monastery in Reichenau. It gained city rights in 1267, was sold to the Habsburg kin in 1298 and became temporarily an imperial city in the 15th century. The oldest seal of Radolfzell from the end of the 13th century depicts a bishop, probably the founder and name giver St. Radolf, who is said to have lived in a cell in the area. Since 1300 the lion of Habsburg was added. The present coat of arms appears first in 1513. Crown and armoury of the lion were granted by Archduke Ferdinand in 1526. The cross is a reduction from the arms of Reichenau Monastery.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.86


Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013


back to Konstanz cities and municipalities click here