This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mudau Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Mudau, Neckar-Odenwald-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-12-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: mudau | bend(wavy) | wheels(2) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Mudau municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 May 2013 See also:

Municipality of Mudau

Mudau Municipal Banner

It is a white - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: municipal webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 June 2013

Mudau Municipal Coat of Arms

The red shield is divided by a silver (= white) bend wavy, flanked by two wheels with six spokes of the same colour in the upper sinister corner and the lower dexter partition.
According to Ralf Hartemink the bend wavy stands for the Mudbach creek. Its fountain is in the municipal area. The wheels are symbolizing the Archbishopric and Electorate of Mainz, to which Mudau and all incorporated villages belonged. After the mergers in the 1970ies the arms did not change, as the symbolism would also cover the other villages.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The draft of the coat of arms was made by Generallandesarchiv and was adopted by the municipality in 1907. The banner was approved on 16 October 1958 by Minister of Interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 447/1958. Banner and coat of arms after a series of incorporations were confirmed on 6 December 1977 by the county administration, published in GABl 294/1978.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 June 2013

back to Neckar-Odenwald cities and municipalities click here