This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Neukloster-Warin Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Neukloster-Warin, Landkreis Nordwestmecklenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Last modified: 2020-04-07 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neukloster-warin | jesendorf | neukloster | warin | glasin | zurow | crozier | fleur-de-lis | grain(ear) | bull(head) | tower | trefoil | wheel | fire |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Neukloster city flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2011
flag of Neukloster City, seat of the subcounty See also:

Neukloster-Warin Subcounty

The subcounty has no proper symbols
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Municipalities without proper Flags

The following municipalities have no proper flags: Bibow, Lübberstorf, Passee and Züsow.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Mar 2020


Glasin Municipality

Glasin Flag


[Glasin municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

It is a red-yellow-red vertical triband with ratio of stripes 1:2:1. The coat of arms is in the middle of the yellow stripe.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.163
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

Glasin Coat of Arms

In a red shield is a golden (= yellow) ear of grain topped by a silver (= white) fleur de lis.
Meaning:
According to source Glasin belonged to the Monastery of Sonnenkamp in the 13th century. The lily is symbolising this. The ear of grain is symbolising agriculture, the number of awns is symbolising the former municipalities, that formed Glasin.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.163
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

Flag and arms were approved on 10 July 2002 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.265.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012


Jesendorf Municipality

Jesendorf Flag


[Jesendorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Apr 2020

It is a blue-yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Apr 2020

Jesendorf Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess, above Or a fire Gules with four flames, beneath Azure a wheel Or with eight spokes.
Meaning:
Excavations alongside the track of the Motorway A14 revealed a lot of ancient fire places, represented by the fire. Thus the area had been besettled 2000 years ago. The four flames are representing the four current settlement cores. The wheel is symbolising agriculture, motorway and gravel mining. The tinctures are those of Mecklenburg.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Apr 2020

The arms were approved on 6 October 2011 and the flag on 7 November 2011 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Both were published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.339
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Apr 2020


Neukloster City

Neukloster Flag

The flag has a vertical stripe at the hoist with 1/5 of total width. The rest of the sheet is divided horizontally into ten alternating stripes of yellow (denoted as: golden) and red. The coat of arms is in the centre of the striped flyend.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2011

Neukloster Coat of Arms

he shield is divided per pale. The dexter half shows a half black bull's head caboshed, crowned golden (=yellow) armed silver (=white) and tongued red in a golden (=yellow) field. The sinister half shows in a red field a bendy, golden (=yellow) crozier flanked by two silver (=white) fleur-de-lis.
Meaning:
The bull's head is symbolising Mecklenburg, the crozier is alluding the Abbey of Neukloster, which had been part of Sweden from 1648 until 1806.
Source: Günther 1999
Klaus-Michael Schneider,

The flag was approved on 25 January 1995 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The arms were granted on 16 August 1903 by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz IV of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. Both were published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.78.
Klaus-Michael Schneider,


Warin City

Warin Flag

[Warin city flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2011

It is a vertical red-yellow-red triband. The yellow stripe has double width. The coat of arms is in the centre of the yellow stripe.
Source: 1(3) of Hauptsatzung of the City of Warin, version 31 May 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2011

Warin Coat of Arms

In a red shield are two silver croziers with golden bends at the top, both are crossed per saltire in a red field.
Meaning:
Warin had been a village with proper parish (German: Kirchdorf) since 1233. Before it became a residence of the Bishops of Schwerin. It gained city rights in 1306. 1648 the city became a posssession of the Dukes of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The pattern is based on a city seal with prints from 1584. The current version was fixed in 1858. The croziers are alluding to the Bishops of Schwerin as former rulers.
Sources: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.182 and 1(2) of Hauptsatzung of the City of Warin, version 31 May 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Mar 2020

The flag was approved on 19 November 2004 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The arms were granted on 10 April 1858 by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz ii of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. Both were published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.170.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2011


Zurow Municipality

Zurow Flag

[Zurow municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

It is a green-yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.185
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

Zurow Coat of Arms

The shield is divided per pale. The dexter side shows in a golden (=yellow) field a red tower topped by a triangular roof. The green field on the sinister side is divided by a silver (=white) wavy fess. Above is a golden (=yellow) 8-spokes wheel (formed like a steering wheel), below is a trefoil of the same colour.
Meaning:
According to source the tower is that one of the local church. The wavy fess is symbolising the riches of water, the other elements are symbolising the main lines of business: agriculture, agricultural technics and herding.
Source: Hans-Heinz Schütt:"Auf Schild und Flagge" , Schwerin 2011, p.185
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012

Flag and arms were approved on 16 December 2002 by Minister of Interior of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and published in the Municipal Roll of Arms Mecklenburg-Vorpommern as no.271.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Jan 2012


back to Nordwestmecklenburg cities and municipalities click here