This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Neustadt an der Waldnaab County (Germany)

Kreis Neustadt an der Waldnaab, Oberpfalz District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2014-03-20 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neustadt/waldnaab county | lion(golden) | star(6-point) | facetted |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Neustadt an der Waldnaab County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 1 Oct 2001
approved 21 June 1983
See also:

Neustadt an der Waldnaab County

Yellow-blue-yellow stripes.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.66
Stefan Schwoon, 1 Oct 2001

The coat of arms was approved 22 December 1954 and confirmed on 22 March 1977. The lion is the Palatine Lion, as a large part of the area was for many centuries ruled by the Counts of Pfalz-Sulzbach. The three stars are taken from the arms of the Princes of Lobkowitz, who owned the County of Störnstein in the nowadays county. The bars are the arms of the Counts of Leuchtenberg, who also had many possessions in the area, until they died out in 1647.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.66
Santiago Dotor, 12 Jan 2004

back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here