Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: oldenburg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Jan 2008
Flag adopted 9 Aug 1967
The arms were granted in 1965.
The state of Oldenburg was a free state and became part of Niedersachsen in 1946. Until 1965 the (non-official) arms used by the district were idential to the old arms of the Free State of Oldenburg (image below), showing the bars of the oldest arms of Oldenburg and the cross of the former Delmenhorst county. The base shows the three roses of the Wildeshausen branch of the Oldenburg dynasty.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
Source: Ralf Hartemink.