This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Muggensturm (Germany)

Gemeinde Muggensturm, Kreis Rastatt, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: muggensturm | lynchpin | rose(red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Muggensturm municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Jun 2013 See also:

Municipality of Muggensturm

Muggensturm Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white banner. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon: "Kommunalflaggen in Baden-Württemberg", publ. in Flaggenkurier no.31; Berlin 2010, image no.69
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Jun 2013

Muggensturm Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a blue lynchpin, flanked by two red, heraldic roses, barbed green and seeded blue.
Meaning:
Muggensturm, in the 14th and 15th century sometimes called a city, belonged to the Lordship of Eberstein and was a condominion of The Lord of Eberstein, later Counts of Eberstein and the Margraves of Baden from 1387 to 1676. Afterwards the County of Eberstein was part of the Baden-Baden branch line. The lynchpin was an old local symbol. Its existence on seals can be proven in prints since 1511. Since the 18th century the roses as a symbol of the Counts of Eberstein had been added, sometimes also a plough share. The drat of the current arms was made by general State Archive. The tincture of the lynchpin was chosen arbitrarily.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The coat of arms was adopted by the local council in 1901.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Jun 2013


back to Rastatt cities and municipalities click here