Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: castrop-rauxel | st.andrew's cross |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Nov 2007
approved 15 Juyl 1965
Description of flag:
The flag's ratio is 3:5. It is a blue over yellow horizontal bicolour with the coat of arms in its centre.
Description of coat of arms:
In a blue field is a golden (=yellow) St.Andrews cross. Its bars are superimposed by a blue line.
The St.Andrews cross was used by Castrop since the 16th century. The final version was authorized by the city council on 15 July 1965.
Authorized: a flag of the same colours was used by Castrop at least since 1885.
Source: Veddeler 2003, p.364
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Nov 2007
back to Recklinghausen cities and municipalities click here.