Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sulz(neckar) | fess(red) | attire |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Description of banner:
It is a golden yellow and red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top. Above the coat of arms is a black inscription "Stadt" (1st line, smaller), "Sulz am Neckar" (2nd line)
Source: webpage of chamber of architects B-W, showing the town hall of Sulz
Description of coat of arms:
The golden yellow shield is divided by a red fess. The chief is superimposed by a black, sinister facing attire.
Sulz gained city rights in 1284 from the Lords of Geroldseck, the local rulers until 1472 and again from 1519-1534. Since 1534 the city is belonged to Württemberg. The city arms display the arms of the Lords of Geroldseck, a red bar in a golden field, which is displayed on seals from the 13th century. Since 1596 the attire was added in order to stress the sovereignty of Württemberg.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.100
The coat of arms was confirmed on 17 July 1968 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg.
back to Rottweil cities and municipalities click here