This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saalfeld-Rudolstadt County (Thuringia, Germany)

Landkreis Saalfeld-Rudolstadt

Last modified: 2016-10-01 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: saalfeld-rudolstadt county | quartered | crancelin | eagle(black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Saalfeld-Rudolstadt County (Thuringia, Germany)]   5:2
 image by Stefan Schwoon
 Flag adopted 8 February 1995, coat-of-arms adopted 16 January 1995

See also:


Green-yellow with the arms. The first and the fourth quarters contain the arms of the principality of Schwarzburg.
Sources: flag from Ulle 2000, arms from the Thuringia official website.

Stefan Schwoon, 16 March 2001

Flag adopted 8 February 1995, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From 's Ralf Hartemink's webpage :

The arms were granted on 16 January 1995. Saalfeld was an important city and from 1680-1745 the capital of the Duchy of Saxony-Saalfeld. This is symbolised by the arms of Saxony in the second and third quarter. The other two quarters show the arms of the Princes of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996.

Santiago Dotor, 22 February 2002

back to index of Thuringia county-free cities and counties page click here