This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Brandenburger SRK (German rowing club)

Brandenburger Sport- und Ruderklub

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by german editorial team
Keywords: brandenburg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Brandenburger Sport- und Ruderklub] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Oct 2007 See also:

Brandenburger Sport- und Ruderklub

Name: Brandenburger Sport- und Ruderklub e.V.
Located in: Brandenburg
Established: 25 September 1883
Source: Rudersportalmanach 1977
Further information here.
Description of flag :
It is a horizontal 10-striped flag with alternating black and white stripes starting with a white one. The flag has a white canton with a red eagle with spread wings, being the symbol of Brandenburg. History:
On 25 September 1883 the Brandenburger Ruder Klub was established. The club became member of DRV in 1886. In 1893 the club had already more than 120 members, which all were males. After WWI there was a nearly complete breakdown. But the club continued and the first women became members in 1919. After WWII the club ceased to exist, because too many members had lost their lives during the war. But on 22 August 1958 the BRK was reestablished in Hamburg(then West-Germany) by former members of the club and kept its flag (according to Rudersportalmanach 1977).
In 1950 in Brandenburg(then East-Germany) the BSG Aufbau Brandenburg was established. The club had great success, but mainly in playing football. There were no connections with the BRK. After German reunion this club changed its name to BSV Havel 50. In 1992 members of BRK and BSV made plans to merge both clubs. So finally the Brandenburger Sport- und Ruderclub e.V. was established on 12 June 1992.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 19 Oct 2007