Last modified: 2015-08-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: el corte inglés |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of El Corte Inglés, left, as used in Spain, right, as used in Portugal - Images by António Martins, 27 January 2004
El Corte Inglés (website) is the first (and today the only) Spanish retail and department store, established in 1940, with its current main office in Madrid. Its origins date back as far as 1890, on a taylor shop in Madrid.
El Corte Inglés is today a holding comprising several businesses:
- Hipercor (hypermarkets);
- Viajes El Corte Inglés (travel agency);
- Informatica El Corte Inglés (business IT services);
- Centro de Seguros, Correduría de Seguros and Grupo de Seguros El Corte Inglés (insurance and financial services);
- Telecor (telecommunications);
- Supercor and OpenCor (supermarkets);
- Invescor (investment);
- Optica 2000 (optics);
- Bricor (home and DIY chain);
- Sfera (fashion chain);
- Editorial Centro de Estudios Ramón Areces (educational publishing).
Estebna Rivera, 25 March 2012
El Corte Inglés' stores in Spain display big nmbers of flags made up of interleaved green and black triangles, with several of the triangles - about half of them - being hidden by a larger triangle showing the company's logo.
El Corte Inglés' stores in Portugal use a with flag the company's logo.
Santiago Dotor & António Martins, 27 January 2004
Logo of El Corte Inglés - Image by António Martins, 7 November 2003
The brand El Corte Inglés dates back more than 100 years ago; its green pennant-like logo appeared in 1962 (logo history).
Esteban Rivera, 25 March 2013