Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: cubo de bureba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Cubo de Bureba - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 16 January 2014
The municipality of Cubo de Bureba (101 inhabitants in 2010; 908 ha) is located in the northeast of the Province of Burgos, 60 km of Burgos.
Cubo de Bureba was mentioned for the first time in 1065, as Cupo, "a cubic tower or fortification", in the charters of the San Millán de la Cogolla monastery.
Ivan Sache, 7 March 2011
The flag and arms of Cubo de Bureba, designed by Javier Zubizarreta
López and adopted on 12 February 2000 by the Municipal Council, are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 8 June 2000 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 15 June 2000 by the President of the Government, and published on 6 July 2000 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 130, p. 8,519 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1, embattled blue on white. In the middle of the flag a white fortification [cubo] masoned black with black port and windows.
Coat of arms: Azure over water waves azure and argent a wall argent masoned sable with a cubo masoned sable. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.
Ivan Sache, 7 March 2011mailme.html