This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Junta de Traslaloma (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: junta de traslaloma |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Presentation of Junta de Traslaloma

The municipality of Junta de Traslaloma (163 inhabitants in 2009; 7,600 ha; municipal website) is located in the north of the Province of Burgos, 100 km of Burgos.The municipality is made of the villages of Castrobarto (capital; 41 inh. in 2008), Colina (17 inh.), Cubillos de Losa (24 inh.), Las Eras (18 inh.), Lastras de las Eras (17 inh.), Tabliega (14 inh.), Villalacre (17 inh.), Villatarás (17 inh.), Villaventín (11 inh.) and Muga (deserted).

Junta de Traslaloma is located in the western part of the Losa Valley, settled for ages by the Celts, the Romans and the Moors as an important route of communication. Made of several villages, the municipality was formed in 1835.
Castrobarto was resettled by Basque colonists who entered Castile following river Cadagua to expel the Moors. The village appears in a document dated 1101 as Castro, depending on the Oña Monastery; the village was later known as Castrodobarto.

Ivan Sache, 18 February 2011

Symbols of Junta de Traslaloma

The flag and arms of Junta de Traslaloma, adopted on 29 Septemberr 2000 by the Municipal Council, are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 8 February 2001 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 15 February 2001 by the President of the Government, and published on 28 February 2001 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 42, pp. 3,354-3,355 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Per fess, 1. Azure, 2. Vert. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a castle or masoned sable port and windows azure, 2. Azure a radiating sun or issuing from mountains vert, grafted in base argent a horse passant sable. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.

Ivan Sache, 18 February 2011