Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: la horra | burgos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of La Horra - Image by "Nethunter" (Wikimedia Commons), slightly modified, 1 June 2011
The municipality of La Horra (391 inhabitants in 2010; 3,000 ha; municipal website) is located 80 km of Burgos.
La Horra was mentioned for the first time in 1143 in the charter granted
by Alfonso VII to Roa. One of the 33 villages part of the Community of
the Village and Land of Roa, La Horra was granted the title of
villa on 11 July 1725 by Philip V.
The main source of income in La Horra is wine, produced today by eight estates (bodegas) belonging to the Ribera del Duero Designation of Origin.
Ivan Sache, 1 June 2011
The historical memoir supporting the proposed flag and arms of La
Horra was approved in a Decree adopted on 7 February 2007 by the
Municipal Council, signed on 8 February 2007 by the Mayor, and
published on 2 March 2007 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 44, p. 4,528 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Rectangular flag, with proportions 2:3, made of a red panel with ten yellow disks placed in four horizontal stripes of four, three, two and one, respectively.
Coat of arms: Quarterly, 1. Gules a castle or masoned sable port and windows azure, 2. Argent a lion rampant gules armed langued and crowned or, 3. Or four pales gules, 4. Gules a swallow-tailed pennant argent a cross trefoiled of the same two bezants or a trefoil with four leaves of the same. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.
Ivan Sache, 1 June 2011mailme.html