Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: pineda de la sierra |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Pineda de la Sierra (113 inhabitants in 2009; 6,868 ha; unofficial blog) is located in the east-center of the Province of Burgos, on the border with La Rioja, 50 km of Burgos.
Pineda de la Sierra, named for its pinewoods, is traditionally believed to have been founded by Count of Castile Sancho of the Good Laws (995-1017); indeed Sancho granted a charter to the village, which was already listed on a document dated 23 May 932. Sancho's charter, confirmed in 1136 by King Alfonso VII, allowed the shepherds of Pineda a transhumance with 15,000 sheep without paying any tax anywhere; in winter time, the shepherds moved down to the valley of Duero. On 18 March 1068, King Sancho II granted to Siméon, Bishop of Burgos, specific pasture rights in Oca and Pineda.
Ivan Sache, 18 January 2011
The flag and arms of Pineda de la Sierra are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 9 April 2002 by the Municipal Council, signed on 10 December 2002 by the Mayor, and published on 26 December 2002 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 248, p. 17,407 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular, with proportions 1:1. On a white field, two stripes, red and green, of 2/10 the flag's hoist and 1/10 the flag's hoist, in the upper and lower flag's border, respectively. In the middle, a blue wave of 1/5th flag's hoist. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms.
Coat of arms: Tierced, 1. Azure mounds argent with snowy tops charged with a pine eradicated fructed or, 2. Gules a Romanesque gate or ensigned with a six-pointed star of the same, grafted in base a bridge argent a wave azure, 3. Vert three ewes argent per pale in base a charcoal kiln fimbriated or. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.
Ivan Sache, 18 January 2011mailme.html