Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: villaverde del monte | burgos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Villaverde del Monte (163 inhabitants in 2010;
3,731 ha; municipal website) is located 25 km of Burgos. The municipality is made of the villages of Villaverde del Monte (capital) and Revenga de Muñó (60 inh.).
Villaverde del Monte was mentioned for the first time in 1351, as Villa Uercede del Monto, then a hamlet of Minno. Minno, indeed Muñó, resettled in 912 by Count Munio Núñez, was once one of the most important fortified villages in Province of Burgos, but nothing has remained of it today.
Ivan Sache, 16 April 2011
The flag and arms of Villaverde del Monte are prescribed by a Decree
adopted on 10 September 1998 by the Burgos Provincial Government,
signed on 28 September 1998 by the President of the Government and
published on 9 October 1998 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 195 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1, green. In the middle is placed the municipal coat of arms in full colors.
Coat of arms: Per fess, 1. Argent, or a mound [monte] proper ensigned with a tower surrounded with houses, 2. Azure two cauldrons or per pale. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.
Ivan Sache, 16 April 2011mailme.html