Last modified: 2016-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: vadocondes |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Vadocondes - Image from the Escudos y Banderas de la Provincia de Burgos website, 1 March 2014
The municipality of Vadocondes (416 inhabitants in 2010; 2,569 ha) is located in the south of the Province of Burgos, 100 km of Burgos.
Vadocondes was originally known as Vadecuendes, but the original meaning of the village's name and its exact date of foundation are not known. Vadocondes was granted the title of villa by King Ferdinand IV at some date between 1312 and 1326, after the villagers had saved the king from a murder attempt.
Ivan Sache, 3 April 2011
The flag and arms of Vadocondes are prescribed by a Decree adopted on
12 March 1998 by the Burgos Provincial Government, signed on 16 March 1998 by the President of the Government, and published on 2 April 1998 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 63 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1. A yellow panel with a wavy blue stripe, in the middle is placed the municipal coat of arms in full colors.
Coat of arms: Gules a bridge argent masoned sable over waves argent and azure ensigned with a crozier or crowned of the same and surrounded with two crowns of the same. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.
The Royal Academy of History found no reason not to accept the proposed symbols. The name of the place and the old local lords, the abbots of the Silos monastery, are represented on the coat of arms (Boletín de la Real Academia de la Historia, 2000, 197, 1: 172).
Ivan Sache, 3 April 2011mailme.html