Last modified: 2016-05-15 by ivan sache
Keywords: casarrubuelos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Casarrubuelos - Image by Ivan Sache, 3 July 2015
The municipality of Casarrubuelos (3,460 inhabitants in 2014; 5,500 ha; municipal website) is located in the south of the Community of Madrid, on the border with Castilla-La Mancha (Province of Toledo), 30 km of Madrid.
Casarrubuelos was first document in a charter signed on 6 April 1154
by King Alfonso VII, kept in Illescas. The charter lists
Casarrubuelos, Numancia, Torrejón de Illescas, Balaguera and Bohadilla
to be transferred to Illescas. The villages were subsequently
transferred from the church of Segovia to the church of Toledo. In 1222, Ferdinand III the Saint incorporated Casarrubuelos to the Land of Madrid, as a part of the Royal domain (realengo); this status would be maintained until the abolishment of the feudal system in the 19th century.
Casarrubuelos was totally destroyed during the War of Independence. Following the sack of the Santa María de la Cruz monastery, the villagers resisted the French troops. From the hill that separates the monastery and the village, the French artillery bombed the village, burning it down to ashes.
Ivan Sache, 3 July 2015
The flag (photo, photo) of Casarrubuelos is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 17
January 1991 by the Government of the Community of Madrid and
published on 6 March 1991 in the official gazette of the Community of
Madrid, No. 55, p. 15 (text) and on 24 April 1991 in the Spanish official
gazette, No. 98, p. 12,971 (text).
The flag is described as follows:
Flag: In proportions 2:3. Blue panel with the crowned coat of arms of the municipality in the center.
The coat of arms of Caraba–a is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 27
February 1986 by the Government of the Community of Madrid and
published on 1 April 1986 in the official gazette of the Community of
Madrid, No. 76, p. 6 (text).
The coat of arms is described as follows:
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a castle or, 2. Azure three stars argent. Grafted in base, Vert two wheat spikes or per saltire. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.
The Royal Academy of History validated the proposed arms. The castle
and the three stars recall that Casarrubuelos depended on Illescas and
[Boletín de la Real Academia de la Historia, 1985, 182, 3: 556]
Blas Delgado & Ivan Sache, 3 July 2015