This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Flags 1910-1931 and 1937 (Navarre, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-07-28 by ivan sache
Keywords: navarre | coat of arms (chains: yellow) | crown: royal |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Navarre 1910-1931 and 1937 (Spain)]
image by Luis Miguel Arias

See also:


This was the first official flag adopted by the Diputación Foral de Navarra (Statutory Council of Navarre, regional government). It was adopted on 15th July 1910. The design of the coat-of-arms had been adopted previously on 22th January 1910. This coat-of-arms model differs fundamentally from the current one in that the chain links are united with each other directly, with no circular rings in the ends apart from the central one. With the arrival of the Second Republic the arms were modified to adapt them to the new regime (mural crown).

The 1910 design was adopted again on 18th March 1937, published in the Boletín Oficial de la Provincia de Navarra (Official Bulletin of Navarre Province) on 2nd April. This design was used some months, until Gen. Franco granted the Laureate Cross of St Ferdinand to the province and this decoration was incorporated behind the arms.

Source: Menéndez Pidal and Martínez de Aguirre 2000.

Luis Miguel Arias, 24 Jan 2002


[Coat-of-Arms 1910-1931 and 1937 (Navarre, Spain)]
image by Luis Miguel Arias