This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Villalobón (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2014-12-29 by ivan sache
Keywords: villalobón | palencia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Villalobón - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 May 2011

See also:

Presentation of Villalobón

The municipality of Villalobón (1,324 inhabitants in 2010; 1,900 ha; municipal website) is adjacent to Palencia.

Villalobón is named from the anthroponym Lobón / Lupus / Lopez and not for wolves (lobos). In 1202, King Alfonso VIII transferred the village to Arderic, Bishop of Palencia. Villalobón and the neighboring villages remained in the domain of the Bishop of Palencia until 1580, when Philip II incorporated them to the Royal domain.

Ivan Sache, 4 May 2011

Symbols of Villalobón

TThe flag and arms (image) of Villalobón are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 27 February 1995 by the Palencia Provincial Government, signed by the President of the Government on 6 March 1995, and published on 17 March 1995 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 54 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Quadrangular flag, with proportions 1:1, crimson. In the middle is placed the municipal coat of arms in full colors.
Coat of arms: Shield in Spanish shape. Azure a tower terraced vert ensigned with a mitre argent with infulae of the same. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.

Ivan Sache, 4 May 2011