Last modified: 2016-04-16 by ivan sache
Keywords: coca de alba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Coca de Alba (103 inhabitants in 2014; 1,047 ha) is located in the east of the Province of Salamanca, 40 km from Salamanca.
Coca de Alba is of unknown origin; however, the Mudéjar style of the village church indicates that the village already existed in the 12th century. Coca de Alba is the birth place of the Jesuit Father Gaspar Astete (1537-1601), author of Catecismo de la Doctrina Cristiana (aka El Astete).
Ivan Sache, 16 February 2015
The flag and arms of Coca de Alba are prescribed by a Decree adopted
on 9 July 2014 by the Municipal Council (unanimously), signed on 20
November 2014 by the Mayor, and published on 27 November 2014 in the
official gazette of the Province of Salamanca, No. 229, p. 40 (text).
The symbols, designed by José Antonio Bonilla Hernandez, are described as follows:
Flag: Divided gules and argent by the descending diagonal, charged with the proper coat of arms, surmounted by the crown of the Spanish monarchy.
Coat of arms: Per fess, 1a. Vert (green) the apse of the church, 1b. Gules (red) five wheat spikes, 2. Checky of the coat of arms of the Dukes of Alba. The shield surmounted with a Spanish Royal crown.
Ivan Sache, 16 February 2015mailme.html