Last modified: 2015-11-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: aguadulce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Aguadulce - Image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2014
The municipality of Aguadulce (2,149 inhabitants in 2014; 1,369 ha) is located 100 km south-east of Seville.
Ivan Sache, 24 May 2014
The flag and arms of Aguadulce, adopted on 30 December 1992 by the Municipal Council and revised on 16 May 1994 as suggested on 21 January 1994 by the Royal Academy of History, are prescribed by Decree No. 462, adopted on 7 December 1994 by the Government of Andalusia and published on 28 January 1995 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 16, p. 895 (text). This was confirmed by a Decree adopted on 30 November 2004 by the Directorate General of the Local Administration and published on 20 December 2004 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 246, pp. 28,986-29,002 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Rectangular, in proportions 2:3, made of three equal vertical stripes, the outer, blue, and the central, white.
Coat of arms: Azure a three-storeyed fountain argent. The shield surmounted by a Royal Spanish crown.
The memoir supporting the symbols, dated 17 August 1992, was redacted by Tomás Rodríguez Peñas. The municipality has been using since 1845 a seal featuring a three-storeyed fountain. The arms are canting, evoking freshwater (agua dulce).
[Juan José Antequera Luengo. Heráldica oficial de la provincia de Sevilla]
Ivan Sache & Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 May 2014