This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saelices de Mayorga (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-01-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: saelices de mayorga | valladolid |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Presentation of Saelices de Mayorga

The municipality of Saelices de Mayorga (141 inhabitants; 1,584 ha) is located in the north of Valladolid Province, 80 km from Valladolid.
Saelices de Mayorga developed around the San Félix monastery, founded in the middle of the 10th century by Benedictine monks from Sahagún. The settlement was granted the title of villa in the 14th century by King Ferdinand IV, which was confirmed in 1336 by Alfonso XI.

Ivan Sache, 24 March 2011

Symbols of Saelices de Mayorga

The flag and arms of Saelices de Mayorga are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 18 May 1999 by the Municipal Council, signed on 6 June 1999 by the Mayor, and published on 22 July 1999 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 140, p. 7,698 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Rectangular flag, with proportions 2:3, made of a blue stripe fimbriated white running from the upper hoist to the lower fly, the upper triangle red and the lower triangle green.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Gules a church argent masoned sable, 2. Vert three spikes or, grafted in base wavy argent and azure [Crown not mentioned].

Ivan Sache, 24 March 2011