This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Le Pradet (Municipality, Var, France)

Last modified: 2014-04-24 by ivan sache
Keywords: var | le pradet |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Le Pradet - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 12 July 2013

See also:

Presentation of Le Pradet

The municipality of Le Pradet (11,506 inhabitants in 2010, 997 ha; tourism website) is located on the Mediterranean Sea, 10 km east of Toulon.

Le Pradet was originally known as Lou Pitchoun Prat, meaning "The Small Pasture" in Provencal. The name refers to the small grassy plots that once formed the village. The village was known as Pradel until the 18th century.
The municipality of Le Pradet was established on 19 June 1894 by secession from La Garde.

Ivan Sache, 12 July 2013

Flag of Le Pradet

The flag of Le Pradet, as seen in July 2013, is white with the municipal coat of arms. The name of the municipality is written in black capital letters beneath the shield.

The coat of arms of Le Pradet is "Per bend sinister gules a cornucopia or filled with tomatoes and grapes proper azure a tower argent standing on a rock or. The shield surmounted by a three-towered mural crown argent. The shield surrounded by a wreath of laurel. Beneath the shield a scroll argent inscribed with the motto 'Semper supra det' in letters sable".
The cornucopia represents horticulture and viticulture. The second part of the shield represents the numerous fortifications built on the coast to watch the access to the military port of Toulon. The Latin motto reads "Always higher".

Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 12 July 2013