Last modified: 2012-05-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: hauts-de-seine | garches | crown: mural (yellow) | fleur-de-lis (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Garches - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 7 April 2002
The municipality of Garches (18,291 inhabitants in 2009; 273 ha) is located 5 km west of Paris.
Garches was mentioned for the first time in 1063, as Garziacus. This name comes either from garz, "a small coppice", itself coming from German Harz, or from quercus, Latin for "an oak".
Ivan Sache, 7 April 2002
The flag of Garches, as communicated by the municipal administration, is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Arnaud Leroy, 7 April 2002