This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Honduras - Educational Flags

Last modified: 2018-12-15 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: honduras | educational flags | universities |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Universidad de Defensa de Honduras

image by Ivan Sache, 16 July 2018

Universidad de Defensa de Honduras (UDH) was established on 11 June 2005. The creation of a Universidad Militar de Honduras (UNIMLILH) was proposed on 4 February 1997, to be renamed to UDH on 21 August 1998, a name coined by the Infantry Colonel Efraín Gutiérrez Ardón.
UDH was inaugurated on 21 October 2005 during the celebration of the Armed Forces' Day.
Source: UDH website

The flag of UDH is horizontally divided blue-white-blue with the university's emblem in the center.
Photo: https://noticias.funiber.org/2018/02/06/funiber-firma-convenio-con-la-universidad-de-defensa-de-honduras-udh
Ivan Sache, 16 July 2018


Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras

image by Ivan Sache, 13 July 2018

The flag of the Autonomous national university that is blue (turquoise), white and yellow, bearing in the center the arms of the university. The faculty of pharmacy is blue turqoise, white and light bluish purple
Jaume Ollé, 20 June 2002

Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras has already reported, but the description of the flag is wrong (upside down)
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH) was inaugurated on 19 September 1847 by Juan Lindo (1790-1857), President of the Republic (1847-1852), and Father José Trinidad Reyes, the first Rector. The university succeeded Sociedad del Genio Emprendedor y del Buen Gusto (Society of Entrepreneurial Genius and Good Taste), established on 14 December 1845 by Reyes' friends and students, Máximo Soto, Alejandro Flores, Miguel Antonio Rovelo, Yanuario Girón and Pedro Chirinos, transformed on 10 March 1846 in the state-sponsored Academia Literaria de Tegucigalpa, directed by Reyes.
Originally housed in the San Francisco Convent of Tegucigalpa, the university was transferred in 1896 to a building adjacent to La Merced church, and in 1965 to the today's Ciudad Universitaria.
The university was granted autonomy by Decree No. 170, issued on 15 October 1957 by the Military Government.
UNAH is composed of 10 Faculties: Social Sciences; Chemistry and Pharmacy; Dentistry; Law; Engineering; Humanities and Arts; Spatial Sciences; Economical, Administrative and Accounting Sciences; Sciences; and Medicine.
Source: UNAH website

The flag of UNAH is horizontally divided yellow-white-blue with the
university's emblem in the center.
Photos:
https://presencia.unah.edu.hn/csuca/articulo/rector-herrera-priorizara-dialogo-con-estudiantes-
http://cholusatsur.com/noticias/belinda-flores-seria-nueva-vicerrectora-de-la-unah/
https://hondudiario.com/2018/02/22/unah-inauguro-modernas-clinicas-en-la-facultad-de-odontologia/
http://www.elheraldo.hn/pais/1111860-466/comienza-el-nuevo-gobierno-en-la-universidad-nacional-aut%c3%b3noma-de-honduras
http://www.laprensa.hn/honduras/1111527-410/francisco_herrera-rector_interino-unah-julieta_castellanos
Ivan Sache, 13 July 2018