This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

El Paraiso (El Paraiso, Honduras)

El Paraíso Municipality

Last modified: 2014-06-14 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: atlantida | el paraiso |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Ivan Sache, 10 October 2010

See also:


The municipality of El Paraíso (46,635 inhabitants in 2009; 356.17 sq. km) is located in the department of El Paraíso, located in the east of the country, 110 km of Tegucigalpa, on the border with Nicaragua. The municipality was created on 22 March 1874; the town was made a "villa" on 1 February 1950 and a "ciudad" on 15 May 1959. El Paraíso, the first coffee producer in the country, is nicknamed "Ciudad del Café" (Coffee Town) or "Cuna del Café" (Coffee Cradle).
The flag of El Paraíso, adopted in 2002, is vertically divided red-white-green with a coffee branch in the white stripe. The red and green colors must also allude to coffee.
Source: - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 10 October 2010

Coat of Arms

image by Fred Drews, 13 June 2014