Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: nograd | balassagyarmat |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Zoltan Horvath, 29 January 2010
On 1 January, 1992, a part of the town, Patvarc, left
Balassagyarmat and became an independent village again.
Zoltán Turay, 5 January 2005
Balassagyarmat is situated in northern part of Nógrád
county, next to Slovakian border.
Regulations on the Coat of Arms and flag of town (in Hungarian) at <nrt.bm.hu>. Photo of the flag here.
Description of Coat of Arms (in English) at <www.nemzetijelkepek.hu>.
Zoltan Horvath, 29 January 2010
image by Antonio Martins, 28 Febuary 2001
This flag appears at: Dr. Széll Sándor: Városaink
neve, címere és lobogója (1941), as
"Balassagyarmat, Nógrád Co."
István Molnár, 20 October 2000
image by István Molnár
Source: A magyar városok címerei (Coat of Arms of the Hungarian cities and towns); 1975.
image from <www.nograd.net>, located by István Molnár, 24 June 2001