This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lovaszpatona (Veszprem, Hungary)

Lovászpatona község

Last modified: 2014-04-19 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprem | papa | lovaszpatona |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




by István Molnár, 5 December 2000



See also:


Overview

Lovászpatona is a village in Veszprem County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (22 km north-east) in the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 1.376 inhabitants (1990 census), nearly all of them are Hungarians. One of the Official Ethnic Minorities of Hungary has got ethnic council in the village. The Gipsy. Neighbouring settlements are: Kajárpéc, Szerecseny, Gecse, Vaszar, Vanyola, Bakonyság, Nagydém and Sokorápátka villages. The name of the village has got two parts: Lovász means stableman and Patona. The territory f the village is inhabited from the Stone Age. The first mention of the village is from 1353. In 1405 borough, like Pápa. 1589-1608 it was devastated by the Turks. In 1828 the settlement is a borough again. In 1910 Lovászpatona was a village in the Pápa district of Veszprem County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 2.343; 2.319 (99,0%) Hungarian, 22 (0,9%) Slovakian and 2 (0,1%) others by mother tongue, 1.268 (54,1%) Roman Catholic, 1.000 (42,7%) Lutheran, 36 (1,5%) Calvinist and 39 (1,7%) other by religion. In the village is the one of the most beautiful small church from the 12-13th century (now Lutherans church). You can see a Baroque Somogyi Mansion (1794-1850), Roman Catholic Church (1884).
Ratio of the flag: 2:3
István Molnár, 5 December 2000


Coat of Arms


by István Molnár, 5 December 2000