This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Jaljulye (Israel)

Mo'atza Mekomit Jaljulye, Majles Jaljulye El-Makhaly

Last modified: 2015-06-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: jaljulye | mo'atza mekomit jaljulye | majles jaljulye el-makhaly | text: hebrew (black) | text: arabic (black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Local Council of Jaljulya (Israel)]
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3

See also:


Local Council Jaljulya is situated 10 km NE to Petah Tikva and 4 km east to Kefar Sava. Local Council from 1954. Pop. 6,000, most of them Muslims. Unofficial flag is white with municipal emblem, which has not been formally adopted.
Sources: letter from Mr. Jamil Shohana, Local Council General Manager, 23 September 2001; desk flag; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 10 October 2001

The origin of the name is supposed to be the ancient city of Gilgal of the Sharon (Joshua 12,23). 7,000 inh. (2003).
The ruined house on the third corner of the emblem is the Khan (kind of Mamluk and Ottoman era "motel") which was built in 1320-1330 (photo at <>) .
Dov Gutterman, 12 April 2005

The municipal flag is indeed white as can be seen in the photo at <>.
Dov Gutterman, 20 June 2007