This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Vetralla (Latium, Italy)

Comune di Vetralla

Last modified: 2013-01-20 by rob raeside
Keywords: vetralla | viterbo | latium |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image from <www.italymag.co.uk>, located by Eli Gutterman, 4 July 2006



See also:


Overview

From <www.comune.vetralla.vt.it>:
"Articolo 4
Segni distintivi

1. Il Gonfalone del Comune depositato presso la Casa Comunale ed rappresentato da uno stendardo con fondo bianco e croce rossa con Stemma Comunale. Esso composto da piante di vite con tralci e pampini da cui pendono grappoli di uva nera e bianca su sfondo azzurro con sovrastante corona formata da cinque torri e scritta “Città di Vetralla” e nella parte inferiore un ramoscello di olivo e uno di quercia uniti da una fascia tricolore.
2. La Giunta Comunale determina con proprio atto la partecipazione del Gonfalone a cerimonie ufficiali o pubbliche. L’insegna deve essere abbinata alla Bandiera Nazionale, accompagnata dal Sindaco o da un suo delegato e scortata dai Vigili Urbani.
3. E’ vietato l’uso e la riproduzione dello Stemma per fini non istituzionali. La Giunta Comunale, con motivata deliberazione, pu autorizzarne la riproduzione anche per l’utilizzo quale logo per pubblicazioni di valore culturale, turistico e sociale patrocinate dal Comune di Vetralla."
Vetralla is in Viterbo province, Latium.
Dov Gutterman, 27 November 2004

From <www.italymag.co.uk>, by Mary Jane Cryan:
"Vetralla, an hour north of Rome and the airports of Fiumicino and Ciampino, is a small town known for its olive oil, Etruscan sites and excellent climate . It is the only town in Italy (and perhaps the world) that can boast the historic protection of the English crown . Visitors from England will feel doubly at home when they arrive here and see the town banner fluttering from the city hall for it is emblazoned with the red St. George Cross on a white background.
Climbing up the city hall’s staircase they will note the large marble plaque dated 1512 sculpted with three majestic heraldic crests. Flanking the arms of Pope Julius II (under whose direction Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel) are those of Henry VIII and of his ambassador, Christopher Cardinal Bainbridge. These are indications of Vetralla’s official status and the protection of the English crown, a relationship which has continued irregardless of the Spitfire incursions the town endured during World War II. Bullet holes still mark the venerable old buildings and not far from town abandoned prison camp barracks where shot-down British airmen were held in 1944 can be glimpsed among the olive groves. "
Eli Gutterman, 4 July 2006


Coat of Arms


image from <www.araldicacivica.it>