This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Maritime Safety Agency (Japan)

Last modified: 2014-05-04 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: chrysanthemum | compass point | japan | maritime safety agency |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

[Maritime Safety Agency flag] by Jaume Ollé
3:5


Coastal Safety Force

[Maritime Safety Agency Coast Guard]
by Jaume Ollé

This flag is the Coastal Safety Force flag. On August 1st, 1952, the National Safety Agency was established.

I cite "Flags of the World (1961 edition)".

The Coastal Safety Force flag had a field three by two composed of fifteen horizontal stripes of equal width, eight white and seven blue; over all, in generous proportions, a conventionalized cherry blossom in red. It was established by the National Safety Agency (the Ministry responsible for the activities of the National Safety Force and the Coastal Safety Force), Notification No.2, dated October 31st, 1952, for use afloat and on the shore. In the former instance, ships displayed it at the gaff, with the National and Merchant Flag at the ensign-staff. At a shore establishment, the two flags were flown equally at the truck of the flag-staff.

The use of this flag was discontinued toward the end of June, 1954, when the C.S.F., was superseded by the Coastal Defence Force. Units of this force wear the naval Ensign and the Masthead Pendant previously scribed.

Miru Takano, 7 November 1999

Commandant, Maritime Safety Agency

[Commandant, Maritime Safety Agency]
by Jaume Ollé:

This flag is the flag of "Commandant, Maritime Safety Agency". It was established on June 14, 1949, and modified on February 24, 1954.
Miru Takano, 14 November 1999


Chief of Regional Maritime Safety Headquarters

[Regional MSA HQ Chief]
by Jaume Ollé:


Captain of the Port

[Captain of the port rank flag]
by Jaume Ollé:

According to MSA's Official translation, this flag is the flag of "Captain of the Port".

The flag of "Captain of the Port" was established by notification of MSA No 6 (February 19, 1954) and was in force on July 20, 1954. On November 13, 1958, this flag was modified.
Miru Takano, 12 November 1999