Last modified: 2020-01-15 by christopher oehler
Keywords: icheon | gyeonggi-do | south korea |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Tomislav Šipek, 5 August 2019
Sources (flag seen here):
[The] flag is white with new mark.Tomislav Sipek, 5 August 2019
1. The green background of the city flag represents vitality, while the white color of the logo represents the purity and virtue of the citizens.
2. The inner circle of the city logo represents the geographical position of Ichon City in the heart of Korea. A circle also corresponds to the first letter in Ichon City's name.
3. The three bars within the logo represent self-reliance, self-sufficiency, and co-operation. Three lines are also suggestive of the Chinese character for river, , which sounds as "chon".
4. The logo in its entirety resembles the well-known Korean symbol for hot spas.
5. The outer circle of the logo represents the harmonious and balanced character of the Korean people.
6. The flag of Ichon City was designed to reflect all the features of the
city and its citizens.
City of Icheon
contributed by Dov Gutterman, 9 March 2002