Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: tynaarlo | zuidlaren |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Shipmate Flagchart : http://www.flagchart.net
adopted 21 Sep 1999
The flag of the new miunicipality was adopted on 21 Sep 1999 by the
municipal council. The official description is:
"A red T-cross towards the hoist with arms of 1/3 flagheight; in the center towards the hoist a white flower of the Swedish cornel, on the top green, on the bottom yellow".
Jarig Bakker, 27 July 2000.
Granted 3 Sep 1999
This flag is described by Kl. Sierksma (Nederlands Vlaggenboek, 1962):
This flag was adopted 6 May 1958 by the municipal council. The colors have
been derived from the municipal arms, as well as the galopping horse, which
reminds of the famous Zuidlaarder horse-market.
Jarig Bakker, 27 July 1999.
Adopted 18 Feb 1963
De Groeve is a village in the municipality of Tynaarlo, Drenthe province.
De Groeve gets its own flag.
At the initiative of the Jubilee Committee Alie Smith and Henry Zwiers designed a village flag, closely connected to the living environment of the inhabitants of the village of De Groeve.
- Green symbolizes the green environment enveloping the village.
- Red is for the elongated form (lintbebouwing) of the village
- Yellow represents the beaches along the Zuidlaardermeer (lake), and
- Blue the water of said lake. (the Drentsch Balaton)
- The crown represents the sentiment of the villagers when they realize that they live in such a privileged village 'like a king'.
- On the shield are the logos of the societies celebrating the jubilee.
- The mill is a corn-mill, dating from 1836.
The flag was produced by the flagfactory in Annen for the village feast
on 15-17 May 2009..
Source: village website.
Stefan Lambrechts, 13 May 2009
Adopted 27 Feb 1962; the flowers are "Zweedse kornoelje" - cornel.
Yde-de Punt is a twin-village in Drenthe, municipality of Tynaarlo,
till 1 Jan 1998 in Vries. On 27 Apr 1992 it received a twin-village flag,
designed by G.W.Nanninga - the Y of Yde, the black disk (point) of De Punt.
Source: Derkwillem Visser, Gemeentevlaggen en wapens Koninkrijk der Nederlanden, 2001.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Jun 2003