This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Valburg (The Netherlands)

Gelderland province

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: valburg |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Valburg municipality Shipmate Flagchart : http://www.flagchart.net
adopted 9 Aug 1954

See also:

Valburg [former municipality]

1 Jan 2001 the former municipalities of Elst, Heteren and Valburg merged to form the new municipality of Overbetuwe.
Valburg is c. 20 km southwest of Arnhem near a big road-junction. In this municipality Ds. O. G. Heldring organized in the 19th century the 'Heldringgestichten' (Heldring foundations), amongst others for 'gevallen vrouwen' (fallen women (?))
The flag was adopted 9 Aug. 1954, colors derived from the Coat of Arms.
Jarig Bakker, 14 October 1999

Hemmen village

former Hemmen Shipmate Flagchart : http://www.flagchart.net
Adopted 9 Nov 1954

Hemmen is a village, formerly in Valburg municipality, southeast of Wageningen, on the Linge river. Hemmen is a former municipality, which in 1955 merged with Valburg. At that time it was with 214 inhabitants the smallest municipality in the Netherlands.
Flag: een vlag van drie gelijke, horizontale banen in de kleuren (van boven naar beneden): wit, blauw en geel.
Vastgesteld door de toenmalige Gemeenteraad op 9 november 954.
three equally wide horizontal stripes of white, blue and yellow. Adopted 9 Nov 1954 by municipal resolution.