This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Castilla (Piura, Peru)

District municipality

Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: piura | castilla | peru |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Piura prov. flag
image by Ivan Sache, 22 March 2015

See also:


The district municipality of Castilla (123,692 inhabitants in 2007; 66,223 ha) is located in the Piura province. The municipality is made of the town of Castilla and of the rural settlements of Miraflores, Río Seco, Chapairá, Terela, El Papayo, San Vicente, La Obrilla, San Rafael and Cruz de Caña. The neighbour towns of Castilla and Piura are separated by river Piura.
Castilla was originally known as Tacalá, part of the Piura district. The Tacalá district was established by Transitory Law, promulgated on 2 January 1857 by President Ramón Castilla, and renamed Castilla in 1860.
The Castilla district, part of the Piura province, was established by Regional Law No. 208 of 30 March 1861. Re-incorporated to the Piura district by Law No. 723 of 10 August 1908, the Castilla district was re-established by Regional Law No. 268 of 13 August 1920.
Source: - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 22 March 2015

The Flag

The flag of Castilla is vertically divided green-yellow-green. Green and yellow symbolize agriculture and progress.
Source: - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 22 March 2015