This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Borów rural district (Poland)

Strzelin county, Dolnośląskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: borow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Borów rural district flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 23 Sep 2008
adopted Mar 2004 See also:

Borów rural district flag

Borów - rural commune, Strzelin County, Dolnośląskie Voivodship - former German name: Markt Bohrau.
The Arms and the flags were adopted in March 2004: "The self-governing symbols of the Borów Commune trace its genesis in the traditions of the region and in the discovery, after 1945, of the seal of the Town of Borów with the inscription: "SIGILLUM+BORAVIEN (SIS)+CIV (ITATIS)+1664".
As the historical sources indicate, the seal and Arms of Borów (Markt Bohrau) were forgotten around the middle of the XIX Century and the contemporary historical literature considered them unknown.
The Arms of the Borów Commune are contained on a late-Gothic shield. On the blue field there is an image of a woman - en face - in a red gown, shown from the knees up and with the long, blond hair. She has a golden crown on her head and is adorned with red jewels.

The territorial flag of the self-governing commune, commonly used, is a horizontal rectangle in the ratio of  5:8. It is divided, theoretically, into eight bands.
The actual flag is composed of three color bands, two of them narrow, of equal width and one broad one having six widths of the other, narrow, ones.
The broad band is of the red color. The bottom one is blue and the one separating them is yellow.
The official (ceremonial) flag carries in the place of honor, in the canton, the shield with the Arms of the Commune."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 23 Sep 2008


Borów ceremonial flag

[Borów ceremonial flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 23 Sep 2008
adopted Mar 2004

Borów old flag

[Borów old flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 23 Sep 2008

Borów Coat of Arms

[Borów coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 23 Sep 2008
adopted Mar 2004