This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Trzebnica county (Poland)

Powiat trzebnicki, Dolnośląskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: trzebnica |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Trzebnica county flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 8 Nov 2009
adopted 9 Oct 2009

Gminy (districts) in Trzebnica County: See also:

Trzebnica county flag

As the Heraldic Commission in Warsaw rejected the previous proposal for the Arms and the flag of the county, the County Council submitted the modified new version and it was approved on October 9, 2009.
Trzebnica County, Dolnośląskie Voivodship - old German name: Trebnitz.
Trzebnica County (Polish: powiat trzebnicki) is a unit of territorial administration and local government (powiat) in Lower Silesian Voivodeship, south-western
Poland. It came into being on January 1, 1999, as a result of the Polish local government reforms passed in 1998.
Area: 1,025.5 sq.km (395.9 sq.mi); Population: 77,285 (2006).

The written history of the area dates back to 1138. In 1202, Henryk Brodaty (Henry I the Bearded), Duke of Lower Silesia, later senior Prince of Poland, brought from Bamberg the female order of Cistercians and founded them an abbey.
Town of Trzebnica was 75 % destroyed during the heavy fighting between the defending German forces and the attacking Soviet and Polish troops.
Since the XVI century, Trzebnica is the center of the cult of Saint Hedwig of Silesia (or Saint Hedwig of Andechs - wife of Henry the Bearded - their son was Henry II the Pious, who was killed by the Mongols in the battle of Wahlstatt).

Arms: "on the late-gothic, Spanish-style shield divided vertically, on the upper, gold part, is a black half-eagle of the Silesian Piasts (modeled on the Arms of the Piasts of Olesnica) On the lower, black part, there are six silver lilies symbolizing the devotion to St.Hedwig and, also, representing the six communes of the county.
The flag is composed of three horizontal bands - the extreme ones, upper-black and the lower-gold, are of 2/5 of the width of the flag. The middle band is of 1/5 of the width. The ceremonial flag has the Arms of the County placed in the center of the flag."
Sources: county and Nowa Gazeta.
The resolution of the County Council on the official adoption of the new symbols is expected soon..
Chrystian Kretowicz, 8 Nov 2009


Trzebnica county ceremonial flag

[Trzebnica county ceremonial flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 8 Nov 2009
adopted 9 Oct 2009

Trzebnica county CoA

[Trzebnica county CoA] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 8 Nov 2009
adopted 9 Oct 2009

Trzebnica county flag (rejected)

[Trzebnica county flag] image by Jens Pattke, 28 Dec 2007
proposal only

Trzebnica County (Polish: powiat trzebnicki) is a unit of territorial administration and local government (powiat) in Lower Silesian Voivodeship, south-western Poland. It was created on 1 January 1999 as a result of the Local Government Reorganization Act of 1998.

The county symbols are now in a period of public discussion. Early next year, the Heraldic Commission heraldic will inspect the new symbols. Only then is expected during the middle of next year the law. During the middle of next year will be the law. Presumably!
Source: County website.
Jens Pattke, 28 Dec 2007


Trzebnica county ceremonial flag (rejected)

[Trzebnica county ceremonial flag] image by Jens Pattke, 28 Dec 2007
prpoposal only

Trzebnica county Coat of Arms (rejected)

[Trzebnica county Coat of Arms] image by Jens Pattke, 28 Dec 2007
prpoposal only