This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dragacz rural district (Poland)

Świecie county, Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dragacz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Dragacz flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 5 Dec 2008
adopted 17 Aug 1998 See also:

Dragacz rural district flag

Dragacz - rural commune, Świecie County, Kujawsko-pomorskie Voivodship - old German name: Dragaß.

First mentioned in documents of 1246.
1309-1466 - under the rule of the Teutonic Knights
1466 - returned to Poland. Included in Royal Prussia.
1568 - beginning of colonization by Dutch Mennonites (to this day about 50 buildings, characteristic to Dutch settlements, are preserved within the commune).
1772 - First partition of Poland - Dragacz goes to Prussia
1919 - returned to Poland
1939-1945- Nazi occupation
1945 - (February 18) - liberated by the Soviet Red Army.

The Arms and the flag of the Commune were adopted by the Council's resolution # 190/XXXI/98 dated August 17, 1998.
"Arms: main motif of the Arms are the willow trees, plentiful in the area.
They grow alongside the roads and irrigation ditches adding character to the landscape of the commune.
Colors of the Arms:
* blue - relates to the vicinity of the Vistula River and to the sky forming a peculiar paisage of the commune (lack of mountains obscuring the sky).
* green - relates to the low-lying part of the commune (eastern part). Green also stands for the fertile land under cultivation and the forests.
* yellow - relates to the higher, sandy grounds of the commune (western part).
* white - means fresh and clear air.
The flag is described as:
"Horizontal piece of cloth with ratio: 3:5 with three horizontal bands.
Upper band is blue - Oracal-RAL 5012
Middle band is yellow - Oracal-RAL 1021
Lower band is green - Oracal-RAL 6018.
Ratio of the bands are 1:3."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 5 Dec 2008


Dragacz Coat of Arms

[Dragacz coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 5 Dec 2008
adopted 17 Aug 1998