This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lubartów city (Poland)

Lubartów county, Lubelskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lubartow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Lubartów city flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 7 Oct 2008
adopted 18 May 2007 See also:

Lubartów city flag

Lubartów - urban commune, Lubartów County, Lubelskie Voivodship - former name: Lewartów (until 1744).
The Arms of the City were adopted on February 10, 1993 (resolution # XXXV/197/93) and are based on the Coat of Arms bestowed together with the city rights on the, then, owner Pawel Karol Sanguszko (a Lithuanian nobleman) by the King August III November 22, 1744.

"Arms: on the shield divided horizontally, on the upper field -red-there is a symbol of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (Vytis - Pogoń = Chaser-Pursuer):
A knight in full armor on the white horse, holding in the right hand a sword and having on the left arm as shield with the golden double cross.
On the lower part of the shield -blue- there are two leoparts (lampart or lewart), facing each other and jumping on the green tree."

The flag was adopted on May 18, 2007 by the resolution # VIII/66/07 and is a horizontal rectangle of tho equal color bands: red over blue.
Ratio of the flag is 5:8.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 7 Oct 2008


Lubartów city Coat of Arms

[Lubartów city coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 7 Oct 2008
adopted 10 Feb 1993