This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Niemce commune (Poland)

Lublin county, Lubelskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: glusk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Niemce flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2008
adopted 28 Sep 2006 See also:

Niemce commune flag

Niemce - rural commune, Lublin County, Lubelskie Voivodship.
Gmina Niemce is a rural gmina (commune) in Lublin County, Lublin Voivodship, in eastern Poland. Its seat is the village of Niemce, which lies approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) north of the regional capital Lublin.
Area: 141.16 sq.km (54.5 sq.mi); Population: 16,360 (2006).
land under cultivation - 86%; forests - 7%.

The legend says that in 1410 King Władysław Jagiełło settled there some of the prisoners of war from the Battle of Grunwald (Tannenberg). They were doing woodwork and making tar for the community. On regaining freedom, many of them decided to stay among their former captors, hence the name of the village - Niemce (in today's Polish - Niemcy) means: the Germans.
Soccer (football) team: GKS "Niemce" (specialism: goal in last minute).

Arms and flag adopted on September 28, 2006 (resolution # LIV/592/06).
"Arms: on the red shield, above the blue river, a silver portal with four columns above which, on the right side are three silver bars from the noble Coat of Arms "Korczak" and on the left side a silver horseshoe with three small and gold cavalier crosses from the noble Coat of Arms "Dabrowa".
Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2008


Niemce Coat of Arms

[Niemce coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2008
adopted 28 Sep 2006