This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Łochów district (Poland)

Węgrów county, Mazowieckie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lochow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Łochów commune flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 11 Dec 2008
adopted 20 May 2008; design: Andrzej Heidrich See also:

Łochów flag

Łochów - urban-rural commune, Węgrów County, Mazowieckie Voivodship.
Gmina Łochów is an urban-rural gmina (commune) in Węgrów County, Masovian Voivodship, in east-central Poland. Its seat is the town of Łochów, which lies approximately 26 kilometres (16 mi) north-west of Węgrów and 60 km (37 mi) north-east of Warsaw.
Area: 194.98 sq.km (75.3 sq.mi); Population: 17,427 (2006).
land under cultivation - 50%; forests - 38%; service and trade center for the area; small industries.

Lochów received the city rights in 1969.
On September 10, 1939, the Luftwaffe bombed the Polish armored train at Lochów terminal. Several days later a proud Adolf Hitler came for sightseeing to admire the work of his pilots.

New Arms and brand new flag adopted on May 20, 2008
Arms: a golden moose head on green.
The previous Arms were basically the same, but in the cartoonist rendition (by, beloved in Poland, Szymon Kobylinski).
The Heraldic Commission objected to that, hence the change of the Arms to more realistic ones.

Flag: yellow and green with the Arms in the center.
The new symbols designed by Mr.Andrzej Heidrich.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 11 Dec 2008


Łochów Coat of Arms

[Łochów coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 11 Dec 2008
adopted 20 May 2008; design: Andrzej Heidrich