This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Łososina Dolna rural district (Poland)

Nowy Sącz county, Małopolskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lososina dolna |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Łososina Dolna commune flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Oct 2008
adopted 7 Feb 2003 See also:

Łososina Dolna rural district flag

Łososina Dolna - rural commune, Nowy Sącz County, Małopolskie Voivodship - former name: Jakubkowice (until 1947).
First mentioned in 1304; Established in 1339.
Arms and flag adopted on February 7, 2003 (resolution # 35/V/03).

"Arms: Blue shield divided into two parts. On the upper field there is the oldest sacral object of the commune, small church of St.Just, gold with red elements, and between two red apples with golden leaves, symbolizing the numerous orchards of the area.
On the lower field there are two wavy bands in white color, standing for the river Łososina and an image of the fish - salmon ("łosoś" in Polish - hence the name of the village and commune)."

Flag: a rectangle of three unequal vertical bands of varying width 1/5:3/5:1/5, with the Arms in the center of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Oct 2008


Łososina Dolna Coat of Arms

[Łososina Dolna coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 14 Oct 2008
adopted 7 Feb 2003