This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Liszki commune (Poland)

Krakow county, Malopolskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: liszki |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Liszki commune flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2009
adopted Nov 2009

See also:

Liszki commune flag

Liszki - rural commune, Kraków County, Małopolskie Voivodship (no German or any other name)
Gmina Liszki is a rural commune in Kraków County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, in southern Poland.
Its seat is the village of Liszki, which lies approximately 13 kilometres (8 mi) west of the regional capital Kraków.
Area: 72.03 sq.km (27.8 sq.mi); Population: 15,636 (2006).
Land use: Agriculture 82%; Forest 5%

The name "Liszki" is derived either from the old name of the local mushrooms or from the skins of the foxes used to pay the tributes to the landlords in Tyniec.
Neanderthals roamed the area c. 120 000 year ago using the local caves for their apartments and leaving the graffiiti on the walls
The tradition says the settlement was established in the times of the King Boleslaus the Brave around the year 1000.
The biggest event in the history of Liszki occured when King Casimir the Great visited the village in 1363.

The new Arms and the brand new flag were adopted by the commune council in November 2009.
No description, exact date or number of the resolution are given, but the proofs of new symbols are provided here.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2009


Liszki CoA

[Liszki coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 9 Dec 2009
adopted Nov 2009