This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Czarna Dąbrówka rural district (Poland)

Bytów county, Pomorskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: czarna dabrowka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Czarna Dąbrówka flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008
adopted 28 Nov 2003 See also:

Czarna Dąbrówka rural district flag

Czarna Dąbrówka - rural commune, Bytów County, Pomorskie Voivodship - German name: Schwarz Damerkow.
Gmina Czarna Dąbrówka is a rural gmina (commune) in Bytów County, Pomeranian Voivodeship, in northern Poland. Its seat is the village of Czarna Dąbrówka, which lies approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) north of Bytów and 70 km (43 mi) west of the regional capital Gdańsk.
Area: 298.28 sq.km (115.2 sq.mi); Population: 5,626 (2006); land under cultivation - 35%; forests - 55%.

It was founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1346 as Damerkow. The place was originally inhabited by Protestant Kashubian people. Since 1457 Czarna Dąbrówka and the nearby village of Kleszczyniec have been owned by Martin von Puttkamer. Since 1517 it has been owned by the von Zitzewitz lineage.
In 16th and 17th century it was the fief of the von Lettow, von Wobesen and von Stojentin lineages.

According to the history of Brüggemann, Czarna Dąbrówka in 1784 had 1 farm, 6 landlords, 5 cottagers and 15 households. At this time there was Dąbrówka A consisting of a farm, 2 landlords and 4 cottagers. Dąbrówka A was occupied by captain J. W. von Puttkamer. Dąbrówka B consisted of 4 landlords and 1 cottager. This part belonged to Podkomorzyce village and was possessed by Johan Christien Ernest von Puttkamer. The history of Podkomorzyce village's name is interesting. Originally called Puttkamer Muhle the name was translated into German. In that form the name lasted until the war. After the war the place was named Podkomorzyce after a Germanized Pomeranian lineage of Puttkamers - who were chamberlains.

After 1800 von Zeromski became the captain of Dąbrówka. Waldemar von Puttkamer bought the place from von Zeromski, but von Puttkamer possessed it only until 1864. The last proprietors of Dąbrówka mentioned in the memento book Güteradreßbuch were:
1884 - Aleksander Schulze
1910 - Ikier
1928 - Harry Ikier
1938 - Hertha Ikier.
At this time the property consisted of 300 ha (741 acres) of arable land including: 235ha (581 acres) of arable fields, 35 ha (86 acres)of meadows, 5ha (12.5 acres) of woods, idle lands, yards and roads and 20ha (50 acres) of water areas. The average tax per hectare equalled 3,08 RM (Reichmark). Czarna Dąbrówka was the economic centre of south-east County of Słupsk.

Arms and flag adopted on November 28, 2003 (resolution # XII/118/03).
"Arms: on the blue field two white eagle's heads, one facing right, the other left, and the golden oak tree in between.
The name of the commune is derived from "Dąb" = "oak". "Czarna" means "black".

Flag: blue rectangle with two vertical yellow bands on its sides and the Arms (without the shield) placed centrally on the blue field."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008


Czarna Dąbrówka Coat of Arms

[Czarna Dąbrówka Coat of Arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 19 Dec 2008
adopted 28 Nov 2003