This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ożarowice rural district (Poland)

Tarnowskie Góry county, Śląskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: ozarowice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Ożarowice flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 21 Dec 2008
adopted 30 Apr 2003 See also:

Ożarowice rural district flag

Ożarowice - rural commune, Tarnowskie Góry County, Śląskie Voivodship - former name: gmina Sączów (1950-54).
Gmina Ożarowice is a rural gmina (commune) in Tarnowskie Góry County, Silesian Voivodship, in southern Poland. Its seat is the village of Ożarowice, which lies approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) east of Tarnowskie Góry and 25 km (16 mi) north of the regional capital Katowice.
Area: 43.72 (16.9 sq.mi); Population: 5,368 (2006).
An industrial-agricultural commune; land under cultivation - 67%; forests - 14%.
Soccer (football) teams: "LKS Piast Ożarowice" (also volleyball, aikido and ping-pong), and "LZS Tęcza Zendek"

During WWII, the Germans built the Luftwaffe airport Schendeck. Destroyed at the end of the war, rebuilt by the Soviets and transferred to the Polish Air Force, it became a modern Katowice International Airport (KTW).

Arms and flag adopted on April 30, 2003 (resolution # VI/48/2003).

"Arms: blue shield with the green grassy field at the bottom. On it a golden wheel with seven spokes symbolizing the seven villages of the commune. Above it, silver aircraft wings.

Flag: rectangle in the ratio 5:8 composed of two uneven horizontal bands: blue and green.
Green band is 1/4 of the width of the flag.
On the blue field there are Arms placed in its middle."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 21 Dec 2008

Ożarowice Coat of Arms

[Ożarowice coat of ar,s] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 21 Dec 2008
adopted 30 Apr 2003