This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Małogoszcz district (Poland)

Jędrzejów county, Świętokrzyskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: malogoszcz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Małogoszcz flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008
adopted 22 Jun 2006 See also:

Małogoszcz flag

Małogoszcz - urban-rural commune, Jędrzejów County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodship.
Gmina Małogoszcz is an urban-rural gmina (commune) in Jędrzejów County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodship, in south-central Poland. Its seat is the town of Małogoszcz, which lies approximately 21 kilometres (13 mi) north of Jędrzejów and 26 km (16 mi) west of the regional capital Kielce.
Area: 145.37 sq.km (56.1 sq.mi); Population: 11,758 (2006).

First mentioned in 1136
1259 - destroyed by Tatars
1408 - city rights bestowed by King Władysław Jagiełło (Ladislaus II Jagiellonian)
1582 - Stefan Batory (Stephen Báthory) visited on his way to Warsaw for the coronation
1655 - destroyed by Swedes ("The Deluge")
1795 - included in Austrian zone of partitions
1863 - (February 24) - big battle of the January Uprising
1869 - the Russians, in revenge, take away the city rights
1914/15 - on the frontline - almost completely destroyed by artillery fire.
1915 - occupied by German and Austro-Hungarian troops
1942 - (August 28) Nazis removed all Jewish residents to Treblinka
1945 - (January) liberated by Soviet and Polish troops
1996 - recovered the city rights

Arms and flag adopted on June 22, 2006; (resolution # 28/243/06).
"Arms: golden Jagiellonian double cross on the red shield.
Flag: tautological rendition of the Arms. Ratio 5:8."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008


Małogoszcz Coat of Arms

[Małogoszcz coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008
adopted 22 Jun 2006