This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Piekoszów commune (Poland)

Kielce county, Swietokrzyskie vojvodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: piekoszów |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Piekoszów commune flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008
adopted 29 Aug 2003 See also:

Piekoszów commune flag

Piekoszów - rural commune, Kielce County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodship.
Gmina Piekoszów is a rural gmina (commune) in Kielce County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship, in south-central Poland. Its seat is the village of Piekoszów, which lies approximately 11 kilometres (7 mi) west of the regional capital Kielce.
Area: 102.48 sq.km (39.6 sq.mi); Population: 15,249.
The commune contains part of the protected area called Chęciny-Kielce Landscape Park.
Exists since 1337. Site of the revered Marian Sanctuary with miraculous painting of Madonna and Child.

Arms and flag adopted on August 29, 2003 (resolution # IX/102/2003).
"Arms: shield divided into four parts. On the upper right field is an image of Our Lady of Mercy with the baby Jesus in her right arm. The background of this field is white.
On the upper left, red field is a rogacina, noble Coat of Arms "Odrowaz".
On the lower right, red field is an ax, noble Coat of Arms "Tarlów".
On the lower left, blue field is a Jagiellonian double cross, Coat of Arms of the Kielce County.

Flag: a rectangle in ratio 5:7 composed of three uneven horizontal bands in proportions:
2:1:1 and in colors (from the top): white-red-blue.
On the white band, in the middle, the Arms are placed."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008


Piekoszów Coat of Arms

[Piekoszów coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 10 Nov 2008
adopted 29 Aug 2003